misunderstood

Often in life we set out to do things with good intentions, but more often than not, we are misunderstood..

My Photo
Name:
Location: Shah Alam, Malaysia
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Terengganu. Make your own badge here.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Rain, rain, rain..

United Nations, Geneva

The famous Jet-deau

Was in Geneva over the weekend. Arrived at 9pm Saturday nite. After a long journey, just wanted to go to the hotel and take a shower. As most places were already closed (according to the concierge, which I later found out that there was kebab place open till midnite), just went to my room, took a shower and decided to just eat the egg mayo sandwich I bought at Heathrow for sahur later..

Sunday morning, was really gloomy. As I was only going to be there till noon Monday, was not about to let a little rain stop me. Walked around the lake, to the train station (where I found the kebab). As everything else was closed, read that the UN tour is open Sundays. So, there I went..

Was quite a walk there. As I got there, the rain started pouring heavily. So here I am, jalan-jalan sorang sorang with my little umbrella, socks starting to get wet. Arrived at the UN only to find out that its closed..Seems there was a special event going on.. hmmm, wonder what it was?

Nevertheless, there was a sliver lining to that. As I was about to leave, a taxi pulled over and a familiar looking lady appeared. Not that I knew here, but the appearance just looked sooo from our part of the world. She was from Singapore, and similarly disappointed that the UN was closed. We felt cheated..

So now I had a mate to go around in the rain with. As she had been here a few days now, Sow Ching took me aroud to the old town and as the sun seemed to come up, we decided to go on the Chateu cruise on the lake. As our luck would have it, just as we got on the boat, the rain started pouring again, and boy did it pour. Sow Ching really enjoyed the part where we entered France, albeit just for like 10 mins. Will post some pics on that soon.

So, all in all, despite the rain, the price (my god, the price), the language barrier and with everything practically closed, was quite a fulfillig day. Later went back to the kebab place to get my iftar meal, headed back to the hotel and spent the rest of the evening blow drying my shoes, jeans and socks..

Tommorow, to Paris!


4 Comments:

Blogger mafeitz said...

woit.. ade awek bawak jalan.. haks.. ramadhan nii..

3:53 AM  
Blogger syachou said...

hehe.. ramadhan tetap ramadhan bang, aku siap teman makan lagi.. teman tengok aje lah.. hehe

5:38 AM  
Blogger mafiz said...

ooohh...aku pernah tengok air pancut nii..tinggi ooohhh. tarak beli jam ka??

10:34 PM  
Blogger syachou said...

jam, pergg mahal nak mampus, baik beli kat mesia, jauh lebih murah

1:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home